Friday, January 16, 2009

Long Walks And The Absence Of Music

Let me vent first. I haven't listened to any music for the past eleven (11) days and I've become more belligerent because of it. Mental violence and my journal writing has taken a clearly demented path. I'm not used to this shit. I've been listening to music everyday for the past fourteen (14) years and this absence of music this past couple of weeks is making me fucking insane. My stereo and DVD player broke at a precarious time. I badly need and want to listen to Fugazi's Red Medicine album and all I fucking get is disappointment. A cruel aural dry spell.

This shit's going to get fixed next week, though. Come payday-which is Tuesday the 20th-I'll buy a new DVD player. Fuck it. I have my Altec Lansing speakers gathering dust at home and its more than two weeks respite is enough.

I also miss watching my Isis Clearing The Eye DVD, goddamn it.

Enough of the aural dry spell rants.

I've been taking extremely long walks for the past couple of months and it's good that one of my close buddies at work, Henry, is a Long Distance Walker as well. Two (2) weeks ago, we walked from our workplace's building on Ayala Avenue in Makati City all the way to Quiapo in Manila. A grueling affair, I must say but it's also profound. It took us about two (2) hours to complete the said walk and when we separated in Quiapo to go home, I went further; I walked from Quiapo all the way home. Crazy shit, I tell ya. About twenty (20) more before arriving at home, I could've sworn my heart was beating like a crackhead on speed.

Cardiocvascular exercise for the weird.

I've been steadily dating somebody right now and being the strange monogamous hombre that I am, I badly need the exercise. Romance is not for the weak, hopeless and suicidal. You can't possibly love or let alone like someone if you're on Depression Road.

You just can't.

Absence of music = goddamn it, makes me see red. A woman who can shut me up and sit me down and make me content and happy = one of the best feelings in the world.

Now scram and go read some Bukowski.

No comments: